Pages

New jungle, drum&bass, uk garage and house mixes up on my youtube


Hey everyone! If you've been following me on my social channels or the Dzsungel Konyve channels, you might have noticed that I've started sharing my latest radio shows and mixes on my YouTube channel. While I've used YouTube for my mixes before, a few months ago I felt inspired to kick off something "new" that could also potentially expand the reach of the Dzsungel Konyve show I'm part of together with DJ Ren. This way, I hopefully could connect with folks who might not have heard of the radio show.

YouTube has been a go-to platform for DJ mixes for years, but copyright issues can be a real headache, leading to blocked or deleted content. That’s why I've been cautious about using it more extensively. Uploading DJ mixes is still risky unless you meticulously check each song's copyright status on a dummy account – a time-consuming process I can't manage right now. But enough of the technical stuff!

What I really wanted to share is that you can now catch up on my radio shows from the past few months on YouTube. Plus, as a bonus, these mixes come with video recordings from the studio! This video aspect is pretty new to me, but it's been an exciting and cool learning experience – finding the best camera angles (just using phones), editing videos in Davinci Resolve, syncing audio, and doing transitions. The final product isn’t quite Boiler Room, Keep Hush, or Black House Radio quality, and honestly, I wonder who'd want to watch me DJ on YouTube – I feel like I look so boring! But the recordings are there if you're interested. Just remember, it's the music that matters. I enjoy the learning process and the DIY vibe of it all so much. While I'm focused on creating something high-quality with the tools and circumstances I have, perfection isn't the goal.

So, if you're into quality drum & bass, jungle, UK garage, bass music, and house mixes, and YouTube is your platform of choice, check out my channel and explore my mixes. Let me know what you think! To wrap things up, here are three of my favorite sets currently available on YouTube: the latest one featuring garage, 2-step, garage house, and speed garage for two hours; another with MC FayaBolo dropping some cool rhymes over my tracks; and one where Defcon J joined me, delivering an amazing multi-genre mix in the second hour of the show. Enjoy!

Mentalien

"I came to hear the band today, I ain't thinkin' 'bout u."

No comments: