Pages

Mentalien - 20 Years (Part 2 - The dark and heavy drum&bass faves)

This April I'm celebrating 20 years of being a DJ with a 6-part mix-series! After the soulful dnb faves it's time for the 2nd round. :) In this set I am focusing on the heavier and/or darker side of drum&bass - massive rollers with hard-hitting drum sections, fat basslines and sinister moods that stuck in my mind since they were released and I can't stop coming back to them. After the first part of the series I continued the almost impossible concept of picking just one very special song from each year since 2001, to make sure what you hear in the mix is 100% me. Enjoy!

Mentalien - 20 Years (Part 2 - The dark and heavy drum&bass faves)

Download / Stream on Soundcloud | Mixcloud | Bass Blog





Tracklist:

DLR, Break & Randall - Song And Dance - Sofa Sound (2018)
Jubei & dBridge - These Things VIP - Metalheadz (2014)
Sonic & Silver - On The Anson - Metalheadz (2002)
Total Science, Digital & Spirit - Rumble - C.I.A. vs Phantom Audio (2016)
Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force (Fracture's Astrophonica edit) - Phantom Audio (2013)
Special Forces - Sidewinder - Photek Productions (2003)
Total Science - Jet Set (Cyantific rmx) - C.I.A. (2005)
Commix - Electric - Metalheadz (2007)
Skeptical & Alix Perez - Without A Trace - Exit (2017)
Marcus Intalex - Temperance - Soul:R (2004)
S.P.Y - Acid Trip - Spearhead (2009)
Marcus Intalex - Red 7 - Soul:R (2006)
Halogenix - Shank - Metalheadz (2015)
Capone - On The Wheels - Test (2010)
TC - No One - Don't Play (2012)
Danny Byrd - Shock Out - Hospital (2008)
Everything Is Recorded, Berwyn & Infinite Coles - Walk Alone (Clipz rmx) - XL (2021)
Double 99 - Ripgroove (Fixate rmx) - Ice Cream (2019)
J Majik & Kathy Brown - Love Is Not A Game (Dillinja rmx) - Defected (2001)
Lenzman & IAMDDB - In My Mind (Break rmx) - The North Quarter (2020)

Mentalien

"I came to hear the band today, I ain't thinkin' 'bout u."

No comments: