Pages

Mentalien - 20 Years (Part 1 - The soulful drum&bass faves)

 April 2021 marks the 20th anniversary of me spending a large amount of my free-time collecting records and DJ-ing, yay! :) I think the only right way to celebrate is to publish a series of mixes that tries to summarize my last twenty years. After several days of intense digging in my record collection and brainstorming, I've decided to record three dnb and three non-dnb sets in the coming weeks or months - each will cover different fields that I've been really into since day one. First up, here's a set that focuses on the soulful, vocal side of drum&bass - I think it's safe to say that this sub-genre had the biggest impact on me. I've picked one song from each year since 2001, that I was truly obsessed with at the time when it came out. It was such a difficult task to narrow down the selection to just one track per year, but I think the end result represents this side of me pretty well. Let me know how you like it!

Mentalien - 20 Years (Part 1 - The soulful drum&bass faves)

Download / Stream on Soundcloud | Mixcloud | Bass Blog





Tracklist:

Danism & Heidi Levo - Come To You (Nu:Tone rmx) - BrandNu (2004)
High Contrast - What's The Story - Hospital (2001)
Mathematics - Fantasy - Frontline (2002)
Calibre - My Chances - Signature (2003)
Planas & Ed Thomas - Breathtaking (dBridge Soul Steppers rmx) - Unreleased Vinyl Project (2014)
Alix Perez - Swrv - 1985 Music (2019)
Random Movement - Future Fondler - Flight Pattern (2016)
TC & Jakes - Swerve - D-Style (2009)
Nu:Tone & Talc - Jet Stream - Hospital (2007)
Submorphics & Steo - Weather It Out - The North Quarter (2018)
DJ Marky & S.P.Y - Yellow Shoes - Innerground (2011)
Boosta, Atmos T & Nicole - All My Love - Liquid V (2013)
Mr L - Oh Yeah - Mr L (2008)
Cyantific & Diane Charlemagne - Don't Follow - Hospital (2005)
Baron - At The Drive In - Breakbeat Kaos (2006)
FD & Tyler Daley - Ice Cream - The North Quarter (2017)
Die, Interface & William Cartwright - Bright Lights (Rollers mix) - Clear Skyz (2010)
Villem, Mcleod, Riya & Dynamite MC - Fear Bites - Spearhead (2015)
Nu:Tone & Lalin St. Juste - One Day At A Time - Hospital (2021)
FD & Akemi Fox - Lie To You - The North Quarter (2020)
Lenzman & Riya - How Did I Let U Go - Metalheadz (2012)

Mentalien

"I came to hear the band today, I ain't thinkin' 'bout u."

No comments: