Pages

Cycle Me Home Vol 56 Mixed by Mentalien

The Cycle Me Home crew asked me to record a mix, something different compared to what I usually do, something that could be the soundtrack to an imaginary cycling session through the night. I immediately knew this would be the perfect time and opportunity to express my admiration to a South African musical genre I discovered back in 2021, thanks to Benji B's radio shows on the BBC: amapiano. To me this style is full of energy, life and fun, but the same time there is something very chilling and calming in it. And that's exactly how a nightride session on the empty streets of Budapest feels like to me, whenever I'm out there with my beloved Townie bike. :)

Cycle Me Home Vol 56 Mixed by Mentalien
Stream on Soundcloud



Tracklist:

Musical Jazz - Evonik (feat. Speedy RSA)
Scratcha DVA - Siyobonga (feat. DemiMa) [Extended Version]
Kay Invictus & Djy Ma'Ten - Gatara (feat. Goodguy Styles)
Soa mattrix & Mashudu - Mina Nawe (feat. Happy Jazzman & Emotionz DJ)
Muzzy D Pilot - Shay'mpempe amapiano mix (feat. Dj Mavuthela, Ribby De Dj & Rhino)
dj mOma - Giving Up (The Nightlife)
De Mthuda & Ntokzin - uMsholozi (feat. MalumNator)
Dimtonic SA - Do or Die (feat. Zan'Ten)
DJ Black Low - 9 Days (feat. DJ Saxo Boy)
Gento Bareto - Ama What What (Instrumental Version)
Shingai & Verseless - No Fear (Club Mix [Extended Amapiano Mix])
Jorja Smith - All of This (Jorja Smith X GuiltyBeatz)
Breaka - Ama Waltz (U Make Me High)
Larizzle & Roses Gabor - Over Me
Sonia Calico - Mukbang Roller (Scratcha DVA’s Afrotek Remix)
Tribal Brothers - Formation
MAK 10 & Scratcha DVA - Smoke Signal
Nomfundo Moh - Kuhle (feat. De Mthuda & Da Muziqal Chef)

Mentalien

"I came to hear the band today, I ain't thinkin' 'bout u."

No comments: