Pages

Mentalien - Prance, Girl! (classic house mix)

I'm very excited and happy to share with you my first proper studio mix I did this year! I went waaay back in time with this one, and focused on the unmistakable sounds and vibes of house and garage music from the early and mid '90s. My love for this sound is just growing and growing, just like the amount of records I buy in this genre. The majority of the records selected for this two-hour long set, have been sitting in my collection for years, waiting for me to do something with them, and I felt now is the right time. There is a bit of everything in there, tunes which are very close to disco or US garage vibes, tracks which are giving you that classic, Detroit or New York feel, and even some gems, which are definitely not from the US, but from the early moments of the English garage scene. There are a few, relatively new releases from the past few months or years in the tracklist as well, which I felt are bringing back the mentioned eras perfectly. Enjoy! :)

Mentalien - Prance, Girl!
Download: http://bit.ly/2BIuCAM
Stream on soundcloud.com/mentalien or mixcloud.com/mentalien



Tracklist:

Ellis D - My Loleatta (Bitch Version) - Minimal Records (1987)
Turntable Orchestra - You're Gonna Miss Me (Dub Version) - Republic Records (1988)
Mr. Lee - Get Busy (Da Posse Instrumental) - Jive (1990)
Shock Wave - The Mental Track (The Love And Sex Mix) - Nervous Records (1992)
Mr. Fingers - Can You Feel It (The Original Instr.) - Trax Records (1988)
Hugo LX - Breakfast At Ronny's - My Love Is Underground (2016)
Kerri Chandler - Be There - King Street Sounds (1997)
T.B.M.P Feat. Jackie G. - I Am The One (New York Scat Vocal Mix) - 4 Liberty Records Ltd (1995)
Groove Committee ‎- I Want You To Know - Deep Down Slam (1991)
RuPaul - A Shade Shadey (Now Prance) (Alternate Mix) - Tommy Boy (1993)
Affection - Love Me (Bongo Mix) - Zest 4 Life (1994)
Redlight - City Jams (DJ Deeon Remix) - Hot Haus Recs (2017)
Willie Ninja ‎– Hot (Danny's Runway Mix) - Nervous Records (1995)
Robbie Tronco - Runway (As A House) (Grease Monkey Drag Queen Mix) - Henry Street Music (1996)
Krystal Klear - Just A Little (Sunday Service Mix) - Hot Haus Recs (2018)
Hardrive - No Cure - Strictly Rhythm (1993)
Smokey 'Bubblin' B ‎- Vintage - LPR (2016)
DJD - Only Hope - On The Vibe (2017)
Madison Avenue ‎– Don't Call Me Baby (The Dronez Old School Vocal Mix) - Vicious Grooves (1999)
The Klubb Kidz - Don't Want To Hurt You (Skool Vocal) - All That Jelly (1994)
Krystal Klear - Dedication (Sound Factory Mix) - Hot Haus Recs (2018)
Warren Clarke - Let Me In - City Dub Traxx (1996)
Hardrive Feat. Ms. Barbara Tucker - Deep Inside (The Dub) - Strictly Rhythm (1993)
DJ Duke Presents Freedom ‎– Loving You (Untitled U.S. Mix 1) - Power Music Records (1994)
Dr Shemp - Tribute To Richard Purser - Plastik People (2017)
South Central - Dancin' - Zest 4 Life (1996)
Rhythmatix - Givin' All My Love - City Dub Traxx (1996)
Tuff Vibes - Soulfuric Grooves (Tuff Vibes Love To Jazz-N-Groove Mix) - Plastik People (2017)
Hi Times - Journey Into Jazz - Plastik People Collections (1996)
Karizma - The Power - Black Vinyl Records (1999)

Mentalien

"I came to hear the band today, I ain't thinkin' 'bout u."

No comments: